Saturday, June 16, 2012

Strawberry Picking!

The weather is so nice outside that mom decided we should go strawberry picking today, just the 2 of us.  And I'm soo glad she invited me!  I always thought that strawberries came from the grocery store or the little strawberry plant on our porch, but boy was I surprised!  There were rows and rows of huge strawberry plants at the farm we went to.  They even had strawberries planted between rows of peach trees!  I had no idea they could grow like that!
And let me tell you, I have never had strawberries like this.  They were so juicy and warm from being in the sun.  My hands and face were all pink when we left.  Did I mention that I probably ate more strawberries than I picked?  When we checked out, we ended up picking 6.5 pounds of berries!!  Now we need to figure out what to do with them.  I gave a couple to Sawyer and he loved them.  Dad says we should make ice cream and mom says we should make jam.  I better put some aside for me before they are all gone!!






No comments:

Post a Comment